LG to unveil Smart TV features at Vegas show
Dubai, January 5, 2012
LG Electronics has announced that it will unveil its newest Smart TV features at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
“Even though the Smart TV market is in its infancy, LG is constantly introducing new features and upgrading existing ones in order to deliver the richest, most convenient Smart TV experience in the market today,” said Havis Kwon, president and CEO of LG Home Entertainment Company.
LG’s Smart TV ecosystem has experienced enormous growth over the past year, having launched over 1,200 Smart TV apps. In addition to access to more movies and TV programs, users can access social networking services (SNS) on their TVs, make donations to charities and even browse famous art collections.
The company’s 3D Zone offers a growing collection of 3D movies and TV shows, while existing 2D movies can be converted to 3D via LG’s enhanced 3D conversion engine, a statement from the company said.
Due to the use of Film Patterned Retarder (FPR) technology, LG’s 3D glasses are battery-free, lightweight and inexpensive, making them ideal for watching 3D content in large groups and comfortably for longer periods of time.
Using the TV is also simple due to the magic remote. The new voice recognition mode lets users enter text - such as search terms - by making voice commands. Wheel enables users to swiftly scroll up and down various menus and apps, allowing for quicker selections.
Magic gesture makes it possible to communicate physical movements as commands, and pointing lets users make on-screen selections quickly and easily without having to scroll or push direction keys repeatedly, the statement said.
The Cinema 3D Smart TVs offer a variety of connectivity features, the newest among them is Intel’s wireless display (WiDi) technology, which enables easy and quick connection between TVs and PCs without the need for cables or internet access.
Through smart share plus, users can access content stored on external devices such as PCs, tablets and smartphones. It also offers the screen share function which streams TV content to external viewing devices using a Wi-Fi connection, it said.
The quantity of content is further expanded through premium content services available through the Smart TV function. While content availability constantly grows, it remains easy to access, because of the upgraded home dashboard, which allows for quick browsing.
Users can also customise the shortcuts displayed on the home dashboard giving the option to handpick their favorite content and apps for instant access, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector