Zahran, Souq.com launch e-Store
Cairo, January 12, 2012
Zahran Group, a leading manufacturer and distributor of household products, has entered into a strategic partnership with Souq.com Egypt to launch of its first e-store.
The venture aims to position the group as a major e-commerce player in Egypt, said a statement.
The move comes as a growing number of Egyptians (27 million) turn to the Internet for entertainment, information and shopping. Souq.com Egypt www.souq.com is the largest online retailer in the Arab World.
The e-Store will offer consumers the ability to purchase from the entire range of Zahran products and its distributed global brand name products electronically and have them delivered directly to their homes or offices.
“We are proud to work with souq.com, the leading e-commerce company in Egypt and the Arab World, to offer new channels to serve our customers and complement our channel network comprising of 13 branches all over the country from Cairo to Alexandria, 6th October city, Northern Coastline cities and Hurgada,” said Mohamad Alaa Zahran, sales manager of Zahran Group.
“The e-Store will offer online consumers the full range of Zahran kitchenware, household and electric appliances as well as brands like Tefal, Brabantia and Soehnle. The e-Shop on souq.com enables us to reach out to all our customers across the country while increasing our sales opportunities in areas where we have traditionally had limited reach such as Upper Egypt, which represents over 13% of Souq.com reach”
“We are pleased to partner with Zahran Group and offer our expertise in e-commerce so as to help them Group increase its reach and products to customers,” said Omar Soudodi, general manager of Souq.com Egypt, who praised the role of Zahran Group in manufacturing and distribution as a well-established national company.
Nancy Kamal, business development manager at souq.com Egypt, noted that the last 12 months witnessed a surge in internet user numbers in Egypt, a notably positive result of the 25 January revolution, providing new impetus for the stronger adoption of the Internet throughout all facets of Egyptian society. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices