Asus unveils all-new set-top box
Dubai, January 22, 2012
Asus has unveiled the all-new Asus O!Play TV Pro smart TV set-top box which upgrades living room TV viewing to a completely digital HD and live experience, enabling easy content consumption and distribution.
The O!Play TV Pro comes with a built in DVB-T digital tuner for immediate access to free-to-air high quality digital TV programming. The electronic program guide (EPG) helps to readily plan ahead, offering location-sensitive scheduling for up to a week in advance, a statement from the company said.
Content can be recorded onto an internal 3.5” hard drive using the included personal video recorder (PVR). The integrated TimeShift can pause and resume digital broadcasts in real time should consumers need to get away from the screen.
It offers seamless use of over 50 major multimedia standards including ISO, MKV, RM/RMBV, MVA, AVI, MPEG1/2/4, and MP4. Adding 3D support, the set top box uses H.264 MV (TS, M2TS, and BD-ISO), extending compatibility to cover the most current 3D formatting on the market.
Playing, streaming, and sharing HD content have been made easier due to the inclusion of O!Easy technology, which connects O!Play TV Pro to other devices and home networks intuitively, the statement said.
The suite offers multiple one-click functions including O!Capture for media and TV programme sharing on Facebook, O!Replay to replay a programme’s most recent seven seconds, O!Direct for streaming content from desktop or notebook PC to TV, O!MediaShare for wireless streaming of content from mobile devices to TV, and AutoPlay to plug and play videos stored on USB drives or SD/MMC/MS/xD cards without additional setup or installation.
The O!Play TV Pro offers consumers a live product, with constant connectivity over gigabit ethernet and Wi-Fi. The device maximises bandwidth availability to reduce lag and latency for faster downloads and buffer-free streaming, the statement said.
Acetrax, Facebook, YouTube Leanback, DailyMotion, Flickr, and Picasa all come pre-configured for instant access, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs