Bahrain consumer fair posts record turnout
Manama, January 29, 2012
The first four days of the Autumn Fair in Bahrain has recorded a total of 62,000 visitors, exceeding all expectations of the organisers.
More than 15,000 people visited the consumer event at Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre on Friday and 17,000 yesterday (January 28).
The Autumn Fair, which was opened by Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro in the presence of ambassadors and VIPs, will run until February 2 and is taking place for the 23rd time in Bahrain. It will be open from 10am to 10pm due to popular demand.
The fair showcases goods from across the world including toys, cosmetics, interior decor products, accessories and food, among others.
Bahraini traders, artisans and productive families are also taking part.
Bahrain Exhibition and Convention Authority, the Interior Ministry, Civil Defence, Arabian Exhibition Management and other authorities have not spared any efforts in ensuring the success of the fair, particularly regarding consumer protection.
The Industry and Commerce Ministry has put in place a specialised team to follow up the shopping process and ensure quality and validity of products on display. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- D’damas opens new outlet in India
- LuLu ranks third in new Forbes list
- M&S opens second store in Bahrain
- ACE discounts to mark 7 years of Dubai ops
- Saudi retailer Alhokair net up 39pc
- Canon unveils its smallest full-frame DSLR
- WD, SanDisk to launch storage devices
- QNET eyes Mena expansion
- Nokia launches all-new Lumia 925
- Saudi group picks LS2 retail solution