Tamkeen plan to help Bahrain jewellers
Manama, February 10, 2012
Tamkeen, Bahrain’s labour fund, has drawn up a rescue plan to help save Bahrain's ailing jewellery industry.
Tamkeen has pledged financial aid of up to BD10,000 ($26,525) to businesses which have suffered losses as a result of the unrest, depending on their size.
The initiative follows a meeting between the government body and around 150 jewellers at the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI).
"Tamkeen has also said they will help with the traders' rents according to their standards," said BCCI gold and pearl jewellery committee head Mohammed Sajid Shaikh.
"We are very grateful they have intervened and we look forward to their support."
Tamkeen customer engagement support senior manager Yousif Ali shed light on the various Tamkeen enterprise support programmes available and how jewellers could benefit from them.
"Direct involvement with customers and stakeholders is an integral part of our programme formulation process to address current and future private sector needs," he said.
Almost a third of the 90 shops at the old Gold Suq had been forced out of business since last February, a report said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs