Al Meera opens new branch
Doha, February 29, 2012
Qatar-based consumer goods company, Al Meera, officially inaugurated its new branch in Abu Nakhla today.
Abdulla Bin Khalid Al Qahtani, Minister of Public Health and secretary general of the Supreme Council and chairman of the board of Al Meera, opened the outlet, a statement said.
Dr Mohammed Nasser Al Qahtani, deputy CEO of Al Meera, said: “In our expansion plan, not only did we aim to increase retail space, but also improve the shopping experience of our customers. The new store design allows us to display more products efficiently, which in turn, enhances the customer shopping experience.”
The Abu Nakhla branch, built to international and stringent specifications, and based on the hypermarket model, has been outfitted in Al Meera’s new interior design, allowing for a more convenient and memorable shopping experience, the statement said.
In addition to the stores already opened, another 200,000 sq m of retail space is to be added to Al Meera’s portfolio over the next few years. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- DDF sets new anniversary sales record
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles