LG unveils latest wireless charger
Dubai, March 4, 2012
LG Electronics has unveiled the WCD-800, an advanced wireless charger, designed in the shape of a cradle, allowing the phone to be positioned vertically to make video calls and send text messages or horizontally view TV programmes and HD movies while charging.
“As smartphones become the defacto medium for consuming multimedia content and communicating, it is not unusual to find oneself having to recharge a phone a couple times a day,” said D Y Kim, president of LG Electronics Gulf. “It only made sense to turn that charging time into a positive user experience by making the smartphone useful while sitting in the cradle.”
The charger also eliminates the inconvenience of the cable that must be plugged into the smartphone when recharging. The phone can be charged by placing it on the deck of the 75.8mm wide cradle.
The charging area is double the size of LG’s previous wireless charger, the WCP-700, a statement from LG said.
Using electromagnetic induction, the WCD-800 relies on electric currents produced by the magnetic fields of the electric coils located under the charger.
LG’s wireless charger is compatible with all devices compliant with the wireless power consortium (WPC)’s Qi standard, the global standard for wireless power, the statement said.
The WCD-800 will be introduced first in Korea followed by other markets in the first half of the year, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model