LG unveils latest wireless charger
Dubai, March 4, 2012
LG Electronics has unveiled the WCD-800, an advanced wireless charger, designed in the shape of a cradle, allowing the phone to be positioned vertically to make video calls and send text messages or horizontally view TV programmes and HD movies while charging.
“As smartphones become the defacto medium for consuming multimedia content and communicating, it is not unusual to find oneself having to recharge a phone a couple times a day,” said D Y Kim, president of LG Electronics Gulf. “It only made sense to turn that charging time into a positive user experience by making the smartphone useful while sitting in the cradle.”
The charger also eliminates the inconvenience of the cable that must be plugged into the smartphone when recharging. The phone can be charged by placing it on the deck of the 75.8mm wide cradle.
The charging area is double the size of LG’s previous wireless charger, the WCP-700, a statement from LG said.
Using electromagnetic induction, the WCD-800 relies on electric currents produced by the magnetic fields of the electric coils located under the charger.
LG’s wireless charger is compatible with all devices compliant with the wireless power consortium (WPC)’s Qi standard, the global standard for wireless power, the statement said.
The WCD-800 will be introduced first in Korea followed by other markets in the first half of the year, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store