LG runs voice-to-video conversion over LTE
Dubai, March 8, 2012
LG Electronics (LG), a global leader in consumer electronics, demonstrated the world’s first voice-to-video conversion over an LTE (long term evolution) network at the recent Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2012 in Barcelona.
The demonstration, which was based on LG’s proprietary technology, enabled users to switch back and forth between high quality voice and high resolution video call modes during an ongoing telephone conversation.
Also demonstrated was a video sharing service, which enables real-time sharing of videos over a LTE network, as they are being recorded.
LG’s LTE voice-to-video conversion process adheres to the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) Profile for Conversational Video Service, the industry standard established by the GSMA to govern the delivery of both video and voice data over LTE. LG will launch LTE-capable smartphones compliant with conversational video service later this year, according to a statement.
“LG will continue to lead in LTE by developing and introducing innovations that consumers can actually experience and benefit from,” said D Y Kim, president of LG Electronics Gulf.
“The LTE sector is advancing at light speed and our voice-to-video conversion technology is in the best position to be adopted industry-wide.”
At last year’s MWC, LG successfully demonstrated Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and video calls. Prior to the introduction of LTE technology, high definition video calls on smartphones were not possible, as 3G networks were unable to handle the volume of data at the speeds required for high quality video images. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder