Fujairah City Centre to create 1,200 jobs
Dubai, March 20, 2012
Fujairah City Centre, Dubai-based Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ sixth shopping mall in the UAE, will create more than 1,200 permanent jobs from retail positions to mall management.
The mall is being developed in joint partnership with the government-owned Fujairah Investment Establishment and will be opening its doors on April 4.
All of the mall’s customer services staff have been hired from the immediate community, creating a platform for the continued professional development of the Fujairah population.
Dedicated training for newly hired mall staff, including the marketing, operations and security staff is currently under way following Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ international standards of service across its regional malls.
Furthermore, the mall’s 105 retail outlets and the largest Carrefour hypermarket will provide long-term employment opportunities, benefiting the community, a statement said.
“Fujairah City Centre has received a strong and positive amount of support from the local community as interest in job opportunities and retail space from international brands has been overwhelming,” said Majed Al Fahim, senior mall manager for Fujairah City Centre.
“The long-term impact of the mall will benefit retail, tourism and commercial opportunities for Fujairah on the whole. In the countdown to opening, we are confident in its successful delivery and are excited to establish the mall as a landmark for the wider community.”
Residents will have a choice of international and local brands, offering a premium shopping and dining experience for shoppers who previously had to drive to other Emirates for these stores.
Popular and affordable fashion brands such as H&M, New Look, Aldo, Aeropostale, Splash and Max fashion are making their debut, as well as newer food and beverage concepts such as Pinkberry, Tim Horton’s, Just Falafel and Candelite. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector