Al Meera plans electronics retail chain in Qatar
Doha, March 24, 2012
Qatar-based Al Meera Holding Company has partnered with Saudi's United Electronics Company (UEC) to set up a line of stores specialising in electronic equipment under the ‘Extra” brand across the country.
“Demand for high-quality electronic consumer goods will increase with the expected population growth of Qatar in the coming years,” said Dr Mohammed Al Qahtani, the deputy CEO of Al Meera Holding, the mother company of Al Meera supermarkets.
“As part of our expansion strategy, and in our mission to become ‘the neighborhood’s favorite retailer’, we intend to fulfil this increased demand by opening up a line of stores specializing in electronic equipment,” Dr Al Qahtani stated.
'The agreement envisions that both Al Meera and the United Electronics Company will contribute equally to the joint venture capital,' he added.
The stores ( “Big Boxes” from sqm 3,000 up to sqm 5,000 ) will be opened under the ‘Extra’ brand, a name that has been associated in Saudi Arabia for decades for their quality goods, said the official.
“We are more than delighted to have partnered with UEC for this venture,” Dr Al Qahtani remarked.
“As Saudi’s fastest-growing consumer electronics and home appliance retailer, they share the same vision with Al Meera – expansion for the benefit of the costumer while maintaining excellent customer service and providing quality goods. This collaboration, therefore, is only natural,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Carrefour to divest 25pc stake in ME venture
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- RedTag relaunches store in Bahrain
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- HP launches new printing solutions for SMBs
- LG unveils new smart TV line-up in Bahrain