Alshaya to open Muji store in Kuwait
Kuwait, March 26, 2012
M H Alshaya Co, a leading international retail franchise operator, has signed an exclusive franchise partnership agreement to bring Muji, a household and lifestyle brand, to the Middle East.
Tadamitsu Matsui, chairman of Muji’s parent company Ryōhin Keikaku Co Ltd, and Mohammed Alshaya, executive chairman of Alshaya, signed the deal in Kuwait recently.
The first Muji store is expected to open in 2012.
Muji (Mujirushi Ryōhin) is a Japanese retailer that sells a wide variety of household and consumer goods including clothes, home furnishings, cosmetics, travel accessories, stationery and gift items.
Muji is characterised by its design simplicity and minimal packaging. With nearly 500 stores across Japan, Asia, Europe and the US, Muji has achieved global recognition for its concept which is achieved through a complexity of thought and design.
Tadamitsu Matsui said: “We are delighted to be partnering with the Middle East’s leading retail franchiser to bring Muji to new consumers in the Middle East. Muji’s strength lies in its combination of great design and a wide range of great value products and we look forward to introducing the Muji experience to the region.”
Mohammed Alshaya added: “Muji is an iconic retail brand that has global appeal for its innovative store concept and product range. We believe its unique proposition will have strong customer appeal here in the Middle East and look forward to opening the first store at The Avenues in Kuwait later this year.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector