Sony unveils ‘slimmest’ voice recorder
Dubai, March 27, 2012
Sony, the leading consumer electronics brand, has launched its slimmest ever voice recorder that is 6.4mm thin and weighs 50 grams.
The ICD-TX50 features high-gloss looks accented by an OLED display. Interviews, voice memos and more can be recorded as CD-quality linear PCM or MP3 files.
There is also a choice of five modes – including ‘Shirt Pocket’, ‘Meeting’ and ‘Interview’ – for optimum clarity. For extra security, an integrated clip secures the recorder when slipped into a shirt pocket.
It features 4GB built-in storage, while recording time can be expanded further by slipping in an optional microSD card.
A three-minute charge via USB powers up the device for around an hour’s recording. Fully charged, the built-in lithium ion is good for an uninterrupted 24-hour record/playback time - with MP3 files.
The recorder comes bundled with Sound Organiser software (PC only) that simplifies the transferring, editing and management of files. The gadget is also fully compatible with the latest Dragon Naturally Speaking speech recognition software, which permits ‘hands-free’ transcription of recordings.
The Digital Pitch Control enables recordings to be played at a faster or slower rate without changing the pitch, while the Trackmark feature helps identify important points during recording or playback with a simple press of a button.
The recorder is additionally equipped with Sony’s unique and innovative technology, Intelligent Noise Cut, which significantly reduces ambient noise during recording for clearer playback.
The new Sony digital voice recorders, priced at Dh699 ($190) are now available at select electronics stores. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ