Sharp unveils new 80 inch touch screen LCD
Dubai, March 27, 2012
Sharp Middle East has announced the expansion of its broad line-up of large touch screen LCDs with introduction of its new 80-inch touch-panel display, IILED-80 in the region.
The screen was unveiled to partners during Sharp’s 'Bigger is Better' partner conference held recently in Dubai.
The 80-inch panel combines a high-performance interactive display with a well-designed, comprehensive system for uniquely collaborative sessions – and continues to set a new standard in price-performance for touch-screen displays, said a statement from Sharp.
This latest addition to Sharp’s evolving family of hitech large panel touch-screen displays compliments the existing 60-inch (60 1/32” diagonal) and 70-inch (69-1/2" diagonal) models, allowing organizations to operate in a visual and truly collaborative way, creating a dynamic and interactive workplace experience, it added.
The launch further enhances Sharp’s reputation as a world leader in large-screen interactive touch-panel display systems, said a senior official.
“Similar to what our innovative and industry-leading large-screen TVs are doing for the home, Sharp’s large-screen interactive touch-panel display systems are revolutionizing the workplace,” remarked Tomoo Shimizu, the director of Business Solutions Division, Sharp Middle East.
“The 80-inch unit provides endless collaboration, information and entertainment options and is a welcome addition to Sharp’s family of solutions designed to improve our workplace lives,” he added.
Designed to optimize and integrate a wide range of applications companies need in order to think big and disseminate information on a global scale – such as work group collaboration, video conferencing, interactive signage and video walls – the 80-inch panel delivers more than double the screen area of a 55-inch class display.
It is ideal for any setting that requires large-scale collaboration, information and/or entertainment options, including meeting rooms, office lobbies, schools, airports, malls, exhibit halls and hotels, said Shimizu.
Further facilitating global collaboration, the IILED-80 offers business users seamless integration with presentation and video conferencing technologies, including WebEx, GoToMeeting and Skype, said the official.
Additionally, the system will be fully compatible with a full array of familiar Microsoft products (Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft touch Pack for Windows 7, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector