MAF’s Fujairah City Centre opens
Fujairah, April 4, 2012
Fujairah City Centre, the sixth shopping mall in the UAE for Dubai-based Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) Properties and the company’s 11th mall in the region, opened its doors today (April 4) with more than 100 stores ready for shoppers.
The new centre introduces a diverse mix of new and internationally renowned brands, plus state-of-the-art entertainment and a wide range of food and beverage options to the UAE’s East Coast.
Following special VIP tours for Fujairah’s government and guests, thousands of shoppers are expected to visit the mall in its first week of opening to experience amazing performances, fireworks, and other exciting family entertainment activities, while enjoying special in-store offers.
Officially inaugurated by Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi, Crown Prince of Fujairah, Fujairah City Centre’s opening day event was also attended by a number of other dignitaries.
“For more than two decades, Majid Al Futtaim Properties has delivered world-class shopping and tourist destinations to the Middle East, pioneering the concept of pairing premium retail brands with compelling leisure attractions,” said Peter Walichnowski, CEO of Majid Al Futtaim Properties.
“Fujairah City Centre embodies this vision and reflects the customer-centric approach and design excellence of the ‘City Centre’ brand. This premium development reflects the growing residential and tourism aspirations of Fujairah, creating more than 1200 jobs for the community, and highlighting the further customer demand for shopping and entertainment destinations in the UAE.”
Fujairah City Centre was completed six weeks ahead of the original target opening date, with 99 per cent of its 105 retail stores and food and beverage outlets trading on the first day. This includes the largest Carrefour hypermarket in the emirate, enabling residents to immediately enjoy the retail and entertainment options now available at their doorstep.
More than three-quarters of Fujairah City Centre’s stores are being newly introduced to the emirate, and include a mix of popular and affordable high street fashion brands and international dining choices.
Integrating the concept of retail and leisure, Fujairah City Centre features a Magic Planet family entertainment centre and later this year, an 11–screen, state-of-the-art VOX Cinemas multiplex.
“Today is a milestone occasion for the residents of Fujairah, and the growing number of tourists visiting the emirate,” said Majed Al Fahim, senior manager for Fujairah City Centre.
“Fujairah City Centre’s offer of unique brands and premium leisure experiences is unmatched by any other mall in the emirate. In addition to being a new landmark and community hub, the mall will foster economic growth and create long-term sustainability for the wider East Coast through job creation, and commercial and tourism opportunities. I’m delighted to officially open the doors to Fujairah City Centre, creating a new must-visit destination for this emirate.”
Fujairah City Centre has been developed in accordance with industry best practice and recorded no major accidents across four million hours logged during construction.
The development is currently also on-track to obtain a Gold LEED rating as an environmentally sustainable building, and will be the first in the emirate to achieve this industry rating. Fujairah City Centre’s architecture is contemporary and light-filled while incorporating elements of Arabian design. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store