Sony launches new SLT camera
Dubai, April 19, 2012
Sony has launched its new SLT (single-lens translucent) camera featuring high-speed continuous shooting up to 12fps and full-time continuous auto-focus in still and video shooting.
The new Alpha 57 (Alpha SLT-A57) features the translucent mirror technology, which directs incoming light to the CMOS image sensor and the AF sensor at the same time.
The A57 brings together a 16.1 mega pixel Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and the latest generation BIONZ engine to reproduce remarkably accurate images with stunningly low noise across a wide ISO 100–16,000 range.
Framing, focusing and real-time preview can be achieved on the camera’s high-resolution Tru-Finder that offers a wide viewing angle. The electronic viewfinder additionally permits photographers to capture exactly what they see on the screen.
The A57 is equipped with an exclusive auto portrait framing feature that uses face detection and ‘rule of thirds’ to help beginners compose professional quality images.
Sony’s proprietary By Pixel Super Resolution Technology allows cropped images to maintain their full resolution. Additionally copies of the cropped and original photos are saved, giving users total freedom to edit their images at convenience.
The A57’s Clear Image Zoom enables users not quite ready to invest in expensive telephoto lenses to explore zoom photography with impressive results. The technology analyses every pixel in an image and optimally processes them in accordance with Sony’s unique database. This allows users to achieve up to 2.0x zoom with image quality that remains almost indistinguishable from an optical zoom lens.
A successor to the highly popular A55, the A57 is a new addition to Sony’s SLT series that combines sophisticated design with new shooting advances, making professional specifications an affordable feature.
Sony is consistently engaged in reviewing its manufacturing operations and business practices to ensure products are developed in an environmentally responsible manner. In line with this agenda, the Alpha A57 uses recycled plastic in its chassis and includes up to 10 per cent of recycled material.
The A57 will be available in Sony showrooms and other authorized outlets shortly, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain