Depe, Emirates launch joint DSS campaign
Doha, May 5, 2012
Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (Depe), in collaboration with Emirates - the official DSS 2012 carrier – will embark on a road show across the GCC to showcase its exciting summer event line-up and airline promotions for the months ahead.
Headlined by DEPE’s marketing campaign tag line for this year; “Dubai. Summer Fun and More!”, the agency will highlight its signature summer events and attractions such as Dubai Summer Surprises (June 14th to July 14th), Modhesh World (June 14th to August 22), Ramadan in Dubai and Eid in Dubai.
During the road show, Emirates will announce its highly anticipated summer flight promotions. The road show aims at highlighting all the reasons why Dubai is an ideal summer family destination for travelers from the GCC and beyond.
Beginning in Qatar capital Doha (May 6th), the road show will move on to Kuwait (May 7), Muscat (May 8) and Jeddah (May 13) in Saudi Arabia, before heading to India (May 18th) as a final stop.
Ibrahim Saleh, Festivals co-ordinator general and deputy CEO of Depe said: "When it comes to summer entertainment, Dubai brings a very diverse and entertaining proposition to the table, one that over the years has grown its reputation as the ideal summer getaway within the GCC."
"Combining shopping, winning, family and festive attractions over the summer this year, the 2012 Summer in Dubai campaign aims to give GCC visitors even more reasons to visit the city," he noted.
“Dubai has a great line up in store and visitors can plan their itineraries even before stepping into the city by visiting www.dubaievents.ae”, said Saleh.
“Over the years the road show has been very warmly received by our partners, agents and audiences across the GCC as a very effective tool for communicating the exciting activities, shows, attractions and family offering that forms a part of our summer campaign."
The road show also allows us to keep a finger on the pulse in terms of what is most appreciated by our regional audiences so that we can continuously innovate and keep our summer offering fresh, relevant and exciting year after year,” added Saleh.
Ahmed Khoory, Emirates’ senior VP (Gulf, Middle East and Iran) said DSS continues to grow in popularity thanks to its robust mix of entertainment and learning activities for children in addition to one of the world’s greatest shopping experiences.
"Emirates has been a key sponsor of DSS since its inception in 1998, as part of our ongoing commitment to develop Dubai into a world-leading tourism and business destination," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ