Mall of the Emirates to add 20 new stores
Dubai, May 6, 2012
Mall of the Emirates, a leading luxury and lifestyle destination in Dubai, will broaden its retail offer with the opening of over 20 new stores and dining outlets this year.
Mall of the Emirates will be unveiling several first-time concepts to the UAE as well as international brands, a statement said.
“Retail stores and restaurants seeking to expand throughout the world are often choosing the UAE to open their first Middle East location, based on the growing demands for high-fashion and choice across shopping and dining sectors. Mall of the Emirates is boosting the UAE’s retail landscape by offering international brands with a platform for growth,” said Fuad Sharaf, senior asset director, Asset Management, Shopping Malls.
“The addition of 20 new international, quality brands strengthens the diversity of our retail mix, enhancing some of our strongest performing and most desirable categories including luxury fashion and dining. With the expansion of our retail offer, Mall of the Emirates is also positioned for growth through the introduction of new, unique shopping, dining and leisure experiences for visitors.”
A major addition to Mall of the Emirates’ luxury collection of more than 80 designer stores is the debut of Italian luxury powerhouse Prada, set to open its doors in June. Being the third largest Prada store worldwide, the store alone will anchor Mall of the Emirates as a leading luxury destination for the wider region.
Also joining the mall’s high-end fashion offer is iconic handbag and accessories store Coach – which recently opened its doors, followed by the signature styles of Longchamps and Kate Spade, opening later this year.
Popular high street brands include all-American classics from GAP, the UK’s celebrity favourite Top Shop and casual chic with Aeropostale. Fashion also extends to the beach with Villebrequin and La Perla offering men’s and ladies designer swimwear in time for the summer.
A new Swarovski boutique will be offering an exquisite line of crystal jewellery, while hair and beauty treatments can be had at a new Sister’s Beauty Lounge or pampering performed at home with a collection of scented lotions and perfumes from Victoria’s Secret – all set to open this summer.
The mall’s food and beverage offer will also expand this year, offering several new places to dine. For the first time in the UAE, America’s favourite pancake house IHOP (International House of Pancakes) will introduce its signature pancakes, crepes, omelettes and all-day dining menu into Mall of the Emirates this summer.
Other new places to eat this year will include Burger Fuel from New Zealand, London Fish & Chips, Bombay Chowpatty, America’s The Cheesecake Factory and the UAE’s very own success story, Just Falafel - bringing in a global flavour of both brand and taste to the mall. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet