LuLu opens new outlet in Oman
Manama , May 10, 2012
LuLu Hypermarket yesterday (May 9) opened its new outlet in Buraimi, its 12th in Oman and the 101st for the group.
It was inaugurated by Buraimi governor Sayyid Mr Ibrahim bin Said Al Busaidi, in the presence LuLu Group managing director Yusuffali MA, senior management, number of high ranking government officials, representatives from the local business community.
The hypermarket is Close on the heels of the opening of the 100th outlet at Ras Al Khaimah, this hypermarket boasts of several firsts.
Built at a cost in excess of RO20 million ($519.6 million), the new hypermarket features a multiplex cinema, amusement area, food court, coffee shops and a wide variety of product lines under one roof.
'It is also with immense pride and pleasure that we inaugurate our 101st outlet here,' Yusuffali said.
'This momentous occasion is even more special for us since we have just crossed our 20th year of retailing. Over the last two decades of success and accomplishments, we have earned the reputation of providing our customers with an unparalleled and world-class shopping experience.”
'The LuLu experience of quality and value is for everyone to experience from every corner of Oman, and this is our commitment,' he said.
'Our plans for Oman are quite ambitious and the premise for this is the stable political climate under its wise leader ship which has propelled the nation on to the fast track of development,' he added.
He also also praised the pro-development and liberalised policies which has attracted substantial investments to Oman.
'In Oman, our plans are to bring more and more world class shopping outlets to the wilayats of the country and give customers the feel of the world-class shopping experience at close proximity rather than making them drive long distances,' he added.
The sprawling new store offers customers an expansive retail experience and the store's look and feel is grandiose, with contemporary interiors and international layout.
The ample space ensures an uncluttered, luxuriant and a cosmopolitan shopping environment.
Spread over an area of 130,000 sq ft, the Buraimi outlet will serve a complete shopping destination that will cater to the growing consumer demand.
For the added benefit of the customers this store will also house a three-screen multiplex, jewelery stores, pharmacy, mobile counters, food court, cosmetic and Perfumery outlets.
With more than a decade long presence in the sultanate, LuLu has firmly established itself as the most preferred retail destination for both locals and the large expatriate community residing there and has been voted as the 'Best Retail Brand'. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ