Minister lauds role of Bahrain traders
Manama, May 13, 2012
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro has confirmed the government's keenness to follow up on all developments in local markets to ensure availability of food items and consumer goods at reasonable prices.
He praised the positive role played by traders and importers to achieve market stability and cater to the needs of citizens all the time.
This came during a visit by the minister to local markets, including the Manama Central Market, Bahrain Flour Mill as well as Seef Mall.
During the visit to the Manama Central Market for Fruits and Vegetables, the minister was briefed on market and consumer trends.
Trader Ebrahim Alameer assured him of smooth functioning of the market and the availability of different varieties of vegetable and fruits in sufficient quantities, confirming the stability of prices.
Meat market traders confirmed the availability of meat in sufficient quantities. Bahrain Livestock Company general manager Ibrahim Salman said there was enough stock of cattle.
The minister visited Bahrain Flour Mills and was briefed on the company's production and distribution mechanisms to markets.
The minister also visited Seef Mall where he was briefed on growing numbers of visitors, sales and promotions to attract shoppers.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet