Samsung Levant launches smart TV
Amman, May 13, 2012
Samsung Electronics Levant said it has joined hands with Yassin Group Electronics to launch the latest in Home Entertainment, the Samsung 2012 Smart TV in Jordan.
The Samsung 2012 Smart TV combines attractive design with the smart content and smart interaction features, said a top official at the launch ceremony held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Amman.
Commenting on the launch, Sangsuk Roh, Samsung Electronics Levant president said, 'Our role is aimed at providing the latest technological developments to the Jordanian market and our customers. We strive to offer the latest technology products to improve their lives through our concept of 'Smarter Life A Smarter World' which is what we present through this launch.”
Consumers can now complete control of the TV through voice commands and hand motions through built-in camera at the forefront of the television set allowing the user to turn the TV on and off, change channels, open applications and many others, he stated.
The audio visual unit at Samsung Levant gave a presentation on the latest home entertainment sets from Samsung, the 2012 Smart TV and its characteristics at the ceremony.
Hasan AlBitar, the head of audio visual unit said: “Today we continue our commitment to step forward with innovation with the launch of the Samsung 2012 Smart TV, which provides the Smart entertainment experience to the fullest.
'Through integrating a dual core processor within an attractive design, it offers multifunction that enable users to run various applications at the same time,' he noted.
Samsung's new TV provides the smart content through three key features: Family story, Fitness and Kids. The Family story allows family members to share memos, photos, while Fitness gives the users specific sports programs, and the kids feature help children participate in educational activities and record their progress.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet