Dubai jewellery expo in Italy tieup
Dubai, May 21, 2012
Dubai International Jewellery Week exhibition, a leading international trade and retail jewellery event in the Middle East, has entered into a partnership deal with Italy’s leading jewellery organiser Fiera di Vicenza S.p.A Dubai.
The partnership is aimed at helping the duo mutually benefit from both locations’ lucrative jewellery and luxury goods markets.
It marks the confluence of vision, aspiration and goodwill of both Dubai World Trade Centre and Fiera di Vicenza, one of world's largest and most influential jewellery event brands, in ratcheting up the positive experience of their clientele in Dubai International Jewellery Week and Vicenzaoro respectively.
Dubai International Jewellery Week organisers are in Vicenza, Italy this week to participate in the World Jewellery Forum 2012 organised by Fiera di Vicenza and Vicenzaoro 2012 Spring edition, which runs till May 23.
The Vicenzaoro expo alone draws more than 1,400 exhibiting companies from 30 foreign countries and the main Italian gold districts. The event is a business hub for international producers and buyers from over 70 different countries, including a large following from the Middle East.
The Vicenzaoro 2012 Spring edition has an even greater international presence with the World Jewellery Forum organised by Fiera di Vicenza, World Diamond Council and World Jewellery Confederation (CIBJO), which represents major jewellery and diamond organisations in the world.
The Dubai International Jewellery Week is the Middle East's most established international trade and retail jewellery event now in its 17th year and takes place from November 21 to 24 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
It annually hosts more than 300 exhibiting companies from over 20 countries with the unified interest of developing and expanding commercial links with one of the world's most affluent populace. Over the years, Italy has consistently ranked as one of the most dominant international participating groups at the event.
"This strategic alliance shall increase business visibility, trade and retail opportunities for jewellers and consumers in two of the world's most vibrant luxury markets; Europe and the Middle East," said Trixee Loh, Senior Vice President of the Dubai World Trade Centre.
"We are naturally excited about the combined prospects and opportunities for both Dubai International Jewellery Week and Vicenzaoro in bringing our customers closer through creative marketing and communication initiatives," he noted.
"Dubai Jewellery Week Expo is the most sought after commercial platform for international jewellers seeking to establish trade and retail opportunities in the GCC and Middle East region," Loh added.
Fiera di Vicenza signed a strategic partnership with Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) that strengthens the commitment for the Italian and European gold and jewellery businesses.
The Italian group will be the official co-ordinator of the Italian and European Pavilions at Dubai International Jewellery Week 2012.
“The partnership between Fiera di Vicenza and DWTC marks a further significant step of our networking strategy on a global level as per business plan FDV 2011/15, launched one year ago. It will create new business opportunities to the industry," said Corrado Facco, the executive director of Fiera di Vicenza.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store