Top Muscat malls make key appointments
Muscat, May 21, 2012
Muscat City Centre and Qurum City Centre, two of Muscat’s leading shopping malls operated by leading developer Majid Al Futtaim Properties, have announced key changes to its management team.
Husam Mohamed Al Mandhari is the senior mall manager for Muscat City Centre and Watfa Humaid Al Harthy is the senior mall manager for Qurum City Centre.
Both are Omani nationals, and will draw upon their retail, sales, marketing and mall management experience to drive the continued growth of their respective malls, a statement said.
Al Mandhari will be overseeing the day-to-day management and operations of the mall, ensuring the mall continues to deliver high standards across all areas of operation including retail management, marketing, customer service and security.
Previously, Al Mandhari was with Qurum City Centre joining in 2009, first as operations manager and later assuming the role of senior mall manager.
“Muscat City Centre is a community landmark and a leading shopping destination for Oman and I’m proud to be a part of this team,” said Al Mandhari. “The mall is a key contributor to the retail, economic and tourism landscape and I look forward to working with our valued retailer partners, visitors and the government to continue to create new and memorable experiences for all our guests.”
Al Harthy was previously the associate mall manager for Muscat City Centre and the manager of Mall Promotions & Media (MPM) for both malls.
She joined Majid Al Futtaim Properties in 2007 in Marketing, before progressing her career in MPM Management.
At Qurum City Centre, Al Harthy is responsible for the general management of the shopping mall, ensuring that it remains the community’s leading choice in variety, offer and convenience. Watfa brings 10 years’ experience in retail management, sales, marketing and customer service.
“It’s a pleasure to be overseeing Qurum City Centre, which has established itself as a popular meeting point amongst residents in the community,” said Al Harthy. “From convenience, choice and range of offer, I will see that the mall continues to evolve through innovative promotions and campaigns and create an even stronger loyalty amongst our local shoppers.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ