Epson launches see-through mobile viewer
Dubai, May 27, 2012
Epson has announced the UAE launch of its first generation of see-through multimedia glasses, anticipating the growth in demand for wearable, portable devices for entertainment and enterprise.
The Moverio BT-100 offers the ability to watch a variety of content through transparent lenses, ensuring users can remain aware of their surroundings, while viewing content in total privacy.
The pocket-sized control unit with its Android 2.2 platform offers web browsing capability allowing users to watch a variety of content from most websites including MPEG 4 and H.264 videos, files or applications and side by side 3D viewing on the move.
As well as powering the BT-100, this smartphone-sized box has dedicated buttons for common functions and a touch-sensitive trackpad for ease of use.
Khalil El-Dalu, general manager, Epson Middle East, said: “The Moverio BT-100 represents innovation at its best, underlining Epson’s constant commitment to identify and cater to future technology trends.”
“We believe that consumers in the UAE will be particularly excited about the availability of these multimedia glasses, given the flexibility, convenience and experience it offers. The opportunity to watch content on the go, without being cut off from the surrounding environment is certainly appealing.”
Developed with travel environments in mind, the Moverio BT-100 delivers a perceived image equivalent to that of a 320-inch display viewed from 20 meters away.
The QHD display resolution, which equals to a quarter of Full HD, ensures that the experience is similar to watching a big-screen projection, even in confined environments such as airplanes and trains.
The Moverio BT-100 comes with Wi-Fi connectivity, control unit, detachable headphones, 4GB SD card, internal1GB memory and a carry case. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder