BenQ launches waterproof camera
Dubai, May 27, 2012
BenQ, an internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle innovations, has launched its first waterproof camera model in the Middle East.
The 14-megapixel LM100, from the LM series, provides a four-way protection against water, freeze, shock and dust. It is also equipped with a 4x optical zoom, a 2.7-inch LCD display and a wide range of features.
“We at BenQ always ensure that our products cater to the needs of our customers and the LM100 is an ideal camera that suits to any adventures on land, on water or on snow,” said Manish Bakshi, managing director of BenQ for the Middle East and Africa.
“It is also especially designed to capture quality photos during activities involving extreme cold weather conditions such as skiing, snowboarding and mountain climbing, as it is freezeproof up to minus10C.”
The LM100 can be used underwater to a depth of up 5 metres for two-hour duration. The featured Underwater Mode further enhances the underwater images by adding depth and bringing true-to-life colours.
Aside from being waterproof, the new camera is also dustproof, protecting it against small particles such as dust and sand making it perfect in any weather in this region.
The LM100 is also built to resist falls from up to 1.5 meters.
Other features on LM100 include Color Accent to highlight and dramatize the images taken; Panorama Mode for a sweeping panoramic photo; Web Auction for the option of adding two to four images into one collage-style photo; and Lomo Effect for a cool, retro feel from an authentic Lomo camera, adding an artistic flare to all the spontaneous moments.
It also has a Fisheye mode to recreate the distortion of a fisheye lens for a hemispherical image and HDR on that can automatically adjust the luminance and contrast of a scene with live preview.
The LM100 comes in Aquatic Blue, Sunset Orange and Fiery Red and, is available in the UAE and the Middle East region through BenQ channel partners. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait