New $40m Sharjah mall to open mid-June
Dubai, June 3, 2012
Al Shaab Village, Sharjah’s newest and most ambitious entertainment and shopping attraction built at a cost of over Dh150 million ($40.8 million), is set to open in mid-June.
This announcement follows the finalization of Phase One of the development, a joint venture between Al Shaab Club and Al Zajil Fair Management.
The UAE market is famed for being a highly lucrative destination for investors, as well as one of the liveliest thrill-filled entertainment hotspots on the planet. Therefore Al Shaab Village will be the intersection of the most adventurous tourists patronizing the most unique retailers and entertainers.
The development embodies the world-class quality standards and the sheer magnitude of the facilities. This is also an unparalleled opportunity to develop massive infrastructure to support this endeavor, thereby upgrading the infrastructural capabilities of the emirate and the country at large.
“It is an indescribable pleasure to see our dreams taking shape as a towering beacon of irresistible entertainment and shopping boutiques of the highest prestige,” said Abdulla Al Dah, CEO of Al Zajil Fair Management.
“At Al Zajil Fair Management, our aspiration is to drastically alter the tourism landscape of Sharjah. We believe that Sharjah is a precious gemstone that can be polished even further to let its full potential sparkle.
“Our facilities have already been 100 per cent booked by investors. This testifies to the immense popularity and importance of the project to Sharjah’s business fraternity,” he added.
The new destination will attract a diverse clientele from all walks of life - especially the young and the young at heart, who are hungry for a new experience and who love to live on the edge of the latest entertainment and classiest brands.
Therefore the Sharjah government is promoting the destination as a family tourist attraction that integrates world-class infrastructure. All this is also geared to lure more investors.
The project covers a colossal area of over 13,000 sq m, on land owned by Al Shaab Club in central Sharjah. Among the countless amenities are numerous top-notch restaurants and cafes. It offers a plethora of leisure and retail amenities such as fun fairs, billiard halls and gaming centers.
It also boasts a health center equipped with state-of-the-art sporting equipment. Its exhibition hall accommodates over 240 participants, while its massive ice rink sprawls across 530 sq m.
Al Shaab Village will also host high profile cultural displays, scientific research and national heritage exhibitions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs