Sony launches 2 Xperia waterproof phones
Dubai, June 3, 2012
Sony Mobile, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation, has launched two new Xperia smartphones featuring scratch resistant mineral glass displays and water resistance.
Xperia go and Xperia acro S have meet industry standard IP ratings (International Protection) for protection against dust and water immersion, said a statement.
Available globally from the third quarter of 2012, Xperia go and Xperia acro S enable easy connectivity to share and enjoy content on TV, smartphone, laptop or tablet, it added.
Industry research demonstrates that consumers consider durability and water resistance as important features when purchasing a smartphone.
A study conducted in Japan by Mobile Marketing Data Labo highlighted water resistance in the top three most important features for smartphone buyers.
In a recent poll on Sony Mobile’s Facebook community, more than a third of participants stated durability as the most important feature when choosing a smartphone.
Also, Xperia acro HD, which has the same durability and water resistance features as Xperia acro S, has been the best-selling smartphone in Japan since its launch in March, further demonstrating the appeal of durability and water resistance.
The Xperia go offers a 3.5-inch Reality Display powered by Mobile Bravia Engine and a 5MP camera, among other features.
Xperia acro S has a 4.3-inch HD Reality Display for razor sharp clarity, full HD video recording, HD video chat, easy HDMI TV connectivity to enjoy content on the big screen. NFC enabled, Xperia acro S can easily open applications with one touch against an Xperia SmartTag. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store