UAE to price commodities after key meeting
Abu Dhabi, June 19, 2012
The UAE will determine the prices of 1,650 basic commodities after the Consumer Protection Department (CPD) reaches an agreement with 320 outlets and cooperative societies, a report said.
“This is an annual initiative as last year the department fixed prices of 800 items and it posted the prices on the CPD’s website to allow customers to inspect them if overcharged,” Gulf News quoted the CPD as saying in a report.
“The department has reached a deal with the concerned parties to cooperate to prevent any price manipulation by closely monitoring sale of meat, vegetables, fish and chicken at all major retail outlets,” CPD said, according to the report.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Philips smooth touch monitor launched
- Lenovo to launch new smartphone in UAE
- Sony unveils new Bluetooth speakers
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November
- New shopping mall opens in Bahrain
- Souq.com launches exclusive tablet
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m