M&S opens new outlet in Egypt
Cairo, June 21, 2012
Leading international retailer, Marks & Spencer (M&S), today opened a brand new store at Alexandria City Centre shopping mall in Egypt.
Ahmed Dessouky, senior area manager at M&S Egypt joined store manager, Yasser El Sherbeeni to officially open the new store, a statement from an official said.
The first 1,000 customers who purchased products worth EGP250 or more received giveaways, the statement said.
The new store is in line with Marks & Spencer’s international strategy to build a strong presence in Egypt. It now has three stores across the country, run under an existing franchise agreement with Al-Futtaim.
Zainab Al Mahry, regional marketing manager, Marks & Spencer Al Futtaim, said: “We’re delighted to have opened the first store in Alexandria today and continue to build our presence in Egypt. The store offers everything you need to start the new season in style across womens wear, lingerie, menswear and kidswear. We’ve had a great response from customers on our first day and we’re looking forward to welcoming more customers from across Alexandria to the store.”
Marks & Spencer Al-Futtaim, a member of the Al-Futtaim Group of companies, now has 18 stores located in Egypt, UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Carrefour to divest 25pc stake in ME venture
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- RedTag relaunches store in Bahrain
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- HP launches new printing solutions for SMBs
- LG unveils new smart TV line-up in Bahrain