Nesto to open new Bahrain outlet
Manama, June 25, 2012
Retail chain Nesto will be opening its sixth outlet in Bahrain, a 3,000 sq ft double-storey store on Thursday. It will be the company's 21st branch in the Middle East region.
The store located on the Shaikh Isa Avenue, Manama, next to the Pakistan Club, will house a supermarket and a departmental store, said Nesto Group Bahrain managing director Hashim Maniyoth.
"This will be our 21st branch in the Middle East and will focus on serving quality products at affordable prices to ensure that a broad cross section of the community would be able to benefit," he said.
"Our stores are designed as 'next door stores' for families living in the area," he said. "We focus on quality and try and ensure that there is parity in pricing structures between our and other retail outlets."
He said fresh vegetables and fruits would be made available at competitive rates.
"We have always been able to maintain our prices and profile among our target audience comprising Arabs, Indians, Pakistanis and a host of other nationalities."
The store will officially be opened by a child, winner of a raffle draw to be conducted for children an hour before the opening, said Maniyoth. "The winner will also be presented with a 51 gram gold bar," he added.
Earlier, Nesto Group of Companies' subsidiary Geepas Bahrain general manager Muhammed Haneef said since Bahrain was already saturated with large supermarkets, it would be appropriate to open smaller stores in several areas to easily serve people in those areas.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector