Nikon launches new SLR camera
Dubai, July 3, 2012
Nikon has announced the launch of its DX-format digital SLR camera, the Nikon D3200, a model that combines the best of its digital imaging technology with unprecedented ease of use.
The camera possesses a brand-new CMOS image sensor with an effective pixel count of 24.2-million pixels, Nikon’s high-end Expeed 3 image-processing engine and a revamped guide mode function for simple and intuitive operation, a statement from the company said.
The D3200 is a portable, compact and lightweight entry-level model loaded with the latest digital SLR camera functions, with superior usability.
Along with Android smart devices compatibility, users can now transfer images or shoot remotely using the Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1a.
Building upon the popular guide mode, the D3200’s version is even more intuitive and makes camera operations easier than ever. Referencing instructions for shooting according to the situation, scene or subject, playing back and retouching images, as well as applying all types of settings are all available with a touch of a button.
Advanced operation is one of the first choices available to users when guide mode is activated. New options include Capture reds in sunsets, where the camera adjusts white balance; Take bright photos and Take dark (low key) photos, where the camera adjusts exposure; and Reduce blur, auto ISO sensitivity control is activated.
Full-HD movies with superior picture quality can be recorded using the D-Movie function, with a press of the movie-record button located above the shutter-release button. Users can also adjust settings such as aperture value found in guide mode.
The D3200 also offers full-time-servo AF (AF-F), a focus mode in which the camera focuses continuously to keep moving subjects clear and sharp while filming. Face-priority AF, optimal for recording portrait-like movies, and subject-tracking AF, which tracks a subject as it moves through the frame are also available.
Users can view and edit recorded movies using the D3200, making post-production work easier by giving users a better idea of the results they can expect. The start point and end point options for movie editing are now displayed on the same menu screen, enabling simultaneous trimming of unnecessary portions at the beginning and end of movies.
Results can be previewed before the edited movie is saved. Individual movie frames can also be saved as still JPEG images. In addition, an external stereo microphone can be connected to the D3200, allowing film lovers to record stereo sound.
The D3200 offers all-new ways for users to enjoy photography, and view and share images, it said. Using the wireless mobile adapter WU-1a, images can be transferred to smartphones, tablets and other smart devices via a wireless connection. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal