Splash revamps product range, store design
Dubai, August 22, 2012
Dubai-based Splash, a leading fashion retailer and part of the Landmark Group, has revamped its product portfolio and launched a uni-brand concept across its stores.
Splash is showcasing popular collections for men, women and teens, with a gamut of 35 brands under its portfolio of which 24 are designed in-house and the other 11 are international.
The new concept brings together the in-house portfolio under one roof and gives customers the ease of browsing through various collections, all under the brand name Splash but divided into categories like Splash Youth, Splash Smart, Splash Accessories, Splash Beach, Splash Vintage, Splash Active and so forth.
Hand-tags on every item will also ensure increased customer satisfaction and brand credibility while retaining the originality of fun and functionality while shopping, said Raza Beig, CEO, Splash & Iconic.
“Splash’s journey into the world of fashion started 19 years ago when we opened our very first store in Sharjah. We started as a trading house and over the years constantly adapted and revamped our offerings to recognize the burgeoning fashion interests of our customers to become a brand with its pulse firmly on fashion,” he added.
“The introduction of uni-brand is a strategic move and an essential brand strategy, as over the years we have seen a pattern evolve where people shop at Splash irrespective of the brand name. This was further endorsed when we conducted a research with a 1000 customer sample size across the GCC.”
The international brand portfolio of Splash will also see a re-jig as newer designs and cleaner showcasing of merchandise is introduced, in order to further engage the customer and make shopping at Splash an experience to look forward to.
The new store format is based on the concept and philosophy of Fashionism, Beig said.
Taking cues from the Splash Fashion Show, the store is designed on the pillars of Fashion, Creativity & Party, he added.
With an intentionally closed façade that is revealed only once the customer steps in, the store front transforms the logo into a structural element of black and white panels that also includes coloured panels reflecting the season.
On entering, consumers are treated to catwalk experiences that bring to the fore prevailing looks and trends interspersed with mannequins on pathways which are lit by stainless steel tubes set with LED lights on the ceiling.
Moving from one aspect to the other and forming the core of the store is the backstage arena which is a frenzy of collection, trends and looks. Finally stepping into the after-party arena, the store is deeply characterized by a black atmosphere interspersed by a lounge area where the consumers can relax and share the new shopping experience with the outside world.
“The stores will be a reflection of our biggest event, the Splash Fashion Show. The new layout is a way of giving our fashion savvy clientele a chance to re-live each of the moments in the comfort of the store while shopping the season’s collection,” Beig explained.
“Highlighting similar collections the concept will also make navigation and shopping in Splash an enjoyable experience as the stores will follow a very trend oriented format. We also will be adding elements like multimedia, digital mirrors and make-up corners in order to further engage the customer.”
In the first leg, Splash will revamp and refit close to 30 stores across cities that it is currently present and will look to incorporate the change across all stores in the next three years, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector