BenQ unveils latest swivel-screen camera
Dubai, September 19, 2012
Taiwan-based provider of digital lifestyle innovations, BenQ, has unveiled its latest and the world’s slimmest F1.8 swivel-screen camera, the BenQ G1, in an exclusive launch event in Dubai.
The latest camera is light and compact, perfect for amateur and professional photographers alike, a statement from BenQ said. It features four state-of-the-art intelligent technologies that can capture stunning pictures day and night using its swivel-screen camera.
“BenQ is making continuous advancements in optical technology and we are proud to introduce to the region our G1 digital camera, the slimmest F1.8 bright lens swivel-screen camera in the world,” Manish Bakshi, managing director, BenQ Middle East, said.
“Everyone at BenQ who worked on G1 showed great devotion to providing our customers a total imaging solution, and have equipped this camera with an abundance of functions and features. The G1 camera offers an array of choices for our customers’ photography needs, without compromising on quality.”
BenQ G1’s lens was constructed from seven lens elements in six groups, including an aspherical lens element that improves focus and image integrity by correcting visual aberrations and minimising illumination loss, the statement said. The F1.8 bright lens is also made with a high-transmission, part-glass lens material that increases light transmission, achieving visual clarity in low-light conditions.
The 4.6x optical lens, complemented by a 24mm wide-angle lens and lens-shift OIS, can take bokeh photos with a shallow depth of field that significantly blurs the background to produce surreal and professional imagery.
The camera is packed with a 14M-pixelCMOS sensor that increases the pixel-by-pixel light absorbance volume to achieve twice the light transmission rate as a traditional sensor component and to lower image noise by 50 per cent, it said. This sensor captures ultra-clear photos without tripods in low-light environments or at night.
It also has a high-speed dual core DSP delivering Full HD videos and continuously shot photos. The BenQ G1 can shoot full HD 1080p footage with stereo audio with a slow motion mode that can capture 120fps at 640x480 and 60fps at HD 720p. A fast-motion mode is also available that speeds up the action by recording full HD 1080p at 15fps.
The G1 camera has a 3-inch 920k-pixel swivel-screen with a wide colour gamut that significantly improves optical performance for more saturated colours and realistic images. The screen delivers sharper, clearer pictures due to its high resolution and high contrast capabilities, including wide viewing angle, high sensitivity and high brightness for better playback viewing.
Moreover, the BenQ G1 digital camera is packed with innovative features such as background defocus for DSLR-like images, handheld night shot, exclusive image registration, and ghost image removal, continuous burst, and multi-shot 16.
It also has scene mode that provides 20 scene selections including lomo, fisheye, toy, 360o panorama, HDR-art, sketch and oil-painting modes. The G1 provides BenQ’s MagiQ feature, a new colour filter that applies contrast and gradation enhancement in combination with HDR-like effects to produce a stunning artistic image.
Currently, BenQ has over 30 digital camera models available in the UAE, among them are the bridge-type GH600 and GH700, compact (point & shoot) GH200, full-HD camera LR100 & LR200, and the M32 camcorder.
The LR100 and LR200 are both equipped with 1080p full HD movie recording capability, while the BenQ M32 camcorder is equipped with a lens of 23 x optical zoom equivalent to a range of focal lengths from 35 to 805 mm as well as an electronic image stabiliser.
The all-new BenQ G1 digital camera, in classic black and pearl white, is available in the UAE and across the Middle East through BenQ channel partners at all leading retail stores. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait