Tamkeen backs 17 gems show businesses
Manama, October 18, 2012
Bahrain-based Tamkeen has financed 17 businesses taking part in Jewellery Arabia 2012 which is currently being held at the Bahrain International Exhibition and conference Centre in Sanabis.
The gold and jewellery companies were part of the Tarweej scheme, a statement from the organisation said.
It has supported the participation of 45 enterprises in the region's biggest jewellery expo since 2010, with a total contribution of BD231,000 ($614,360.41).
This year, Tamkeen has contributed over BD62,000 for the participants at the five-day show which comes to a close on October 20.
The scheme allows local businesses to take part in leading local, regional and international trade fairs and exhibitions.
As much as 80 per cent of the participation cost is covered by Tamkeen.
It has benefited 53,000 Bahrainis and enterprises in the private sector.
The scheme has also re-injected more than BD166 million into the gold and jewellery sector. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Souq.com launches exclusive tablet
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE