Windows 8 midnight launch set at Jacky’s
Dubai, October 25, 2012
Jacky’s Electronics, the UAE’s leading multi-brand consumer electronics retailer, is holding an exclusive midnight launch of Windows 8, Microsoft’s new touch-enabled computer operating system, at selected outlets in Dubai on October 25.
With the Dubai malls opened 24 hours daily in time for Eid Al Adha, shoppers and tourists in Deira City Centre, Mirdif City Centre, The Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates (MoE) will get a chance to see and experience the new Windows operating system, said a statement.
Windows 8 introduces significant changes that improved its experience on mobile devices such as tablets to rival other mobile operating systems, it said.
Running on personal computers, laptops, and tablet computers, the new software introduces a new shell and user interface featuring a new Start screen, a new app platform with an emphasis on touch screen input and the new Windows Store.
A new line-up of Windows 8 powered products will be showcased at Jacky’s Electronics in the midnight of October 25. Customers can buy the software or compatible devices after they go on sale after the official launch, the company said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model