HTC launches new Windows phones
Dubai, November 1, 2012
HTC, a global leader in mobile technologies, and Microsoft, have launched the Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC today in Dubai.
The smartphones, featuring the new Windows Phone 8 operating system, feature iconic design, studio-quality sound with Beats Audio and top camera capabilities.
“Pairing HTC’s beautiful new phones with our brand is a big milestone for both companies,” said Gustavo Fuchs, director, Mobility, Microsoft Middle East and Africa.
“Together, with the Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC, we are offering customers in the Mena region a clear choice and a truly unique experience in line with their desire for the latest technologies.”
“Drawing inspiration from Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC, we wanted to create smartphones that clearly epitomize revolutionary technology, creative designs and incredible specs,” explained Jon French, VP, HTC MEA.
“Windows Phone is an absolute industry leader in mobile ecosystems, providing consumers with an outstanding handset that boasts optimal specs and fits seamlessly into their lives.”
The only phone with Live Tiles, Windows Phone has a clear, differentiated vision and the consumer experience has been widely recognized as being groundbreaking, innovative and fresh.
The Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC were created to blend the virtual and the physical by utilizing a three dimensional, pure uni-body design based on the Windows Phone Live Tiles.
Neeraj Seth, senior brand communications manager, HTC MEA, said, “HTC’s Windows Phones are perfectly in line with our mission to place the consumer at the forefront of our business ethos and provide them with lifestyle integrated innovation.”
The Windows Phone 8X by HTC will come in a variety of colors including California Blue and Graphite Black. The Windows Phone 8S by HTC will be available in Domino and Atlantic Blue. Both phones will also have language support in English and Arabic.
For the first time, HTC is introducing a 2.1mp, f/2.0 aperture, 88-degree ultra-wide angle front-facing camera that allows up to four people and more to be captured at once. It also supports 1080p video capture.
The Windows Phone 8X by HTC features a 4.3-inch HD-resolution super LCD 2 screen protected from everyday bumps and scrapes by lightweight Gorilla Glass 2, while optical lamination reduces reflections and glare.
The Windows Phone 8X by HTC will be available from November 10, priced at AED 1,999. The Windows Phone 8S by HTC will be available from early December 2012, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs