Cobone reports 40pc rise in repeat buyers
Dubai, November 5, 2012
Cobone, a leading discounted ecommerce website, has posted a 40 per cent rise in repeat transactions 40 per cent, while its recently launched loyalty scheme attracted over 100,000 new members in one month.
The loyalty programme members have spent over 1 million loyalty points with the company, it said in a statement.
“Loyalty has become a new pillar for Cobone.com. Our customers have embraced our loyalty initiatives, with 5 per cent of our rewards members purchasing more than 10 times in the last four weeks.” said Paul Kenny, CEO of Cobone.com.
A recent Cobone survey conducted with 10,000 respondents showed that 63 per cent of customers had purchased between 1 and 3 deals from Cobone in the last three months, with another 19 per cent of frequent shoppers having purchased between 4-10 deals in the same period.
The survey indicated that 82 per cent of respondents were swayed by price when considering purchasing a deal. The discount on offer, location of the deal, and the brand making the offer were also important factors.
Over 70 per cent of respondents were highly interested in travel deals. Other popular categories include food & beverage, electronics, fashion and health & beauty.
“Cobone has seen significant growth in the past quarter as we have focused on both loyalty and innovation within the business. In the past two months we have launched a shopping cart, Cobone Rewards Program, and a hotel search and booking engine being the latest addition to the Cobone portfolio,” added Kenny.
“Customers can earn Cobone Rewards points by visiting and shopping on Cobone.com every day,” said Warrick Godfrey, CMO of Cobone.com.
“By sharing the deals through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ customers can receive additional points to spend on the Cobone catalog. The programme has already rewarded 300 million loyalty points in just over a month of operation,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ