Dubai to host newly revamped duty free fair
Dubai, November 22, 2012
Dubai will be organising the newly revamped Middle East Exclusive (MEE) 2012 – The World Travel Retail, Duty Free & Luxury Goods Exhibition, during the ‘Duty Free Week’ from November 25 to 27 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
MEE 2012 is being organized by leading event organiser Channels Exhibitions under the patronage of Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the president of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority and the chairman of Dubai Duty Free.
It is now linked to the Middle East Duty Free Association (MEDFA) 2012 Conference that will take place at the Jumeirah Creek Hotel, in a major tie-up that will be known as ‘Duty Free Week’ in Dubai, said the organisers.
The ninth edition of the region’s largest travel retail, duty free and luxury goods trade fair has already achieved a 30 per cent increase in pre-registration of trade visitors and a 20 per cent increase in the number of regional and international exhibitors, they added.
The event provides the most direct access to board-level executives and hundreds of international buyers, including travel retail and luxury goods buyers, airline and in-flight retail senior managers, cruise operators, border shops, seaports, hotels and spas, boutiques, restaurants, holiday and tourist destination retail, group buyers and senior executives, retail consultants, shopping malls and department stores, and ship chandlers.
Justin Boutros, the CEO of Channels Exhibitions, said: “The significant increase in participation underlines the status of Middle East Exclusive as the premier product-sourcing showcase that caters to a broad international market spanning Europe, the Far East, Africa, the Indian subcontinent and the entire Middle East."
"Leading international luxury brands and other key players in the multi-billion dollar global travel retail sector have already confirmed their participation at MEE 2012. The powerful line-up of exhibitors likewise strongly reaffirms the status of the Middle East Exclusive as the flagship exhibition for luxury goods retailing in the region and one of the top trade fairs in the global travel and duty free sector."
"Moreover, our partnership with the Middle East Duty Free Association enables us to bring together all of the most important industry players to discuss new challenges and opportunities and ultimately help shape the future of the global duty free market," stated Boutros.
“Leading hotel brands, airports and retail groups in the Middle East are aggressively investing to expand their market base in the region and beyond. In Dubai, we have seen the completion of the first phase of Al Maktoum International Airport, designed to be the world’s largest aviation hub that will no doubt further stimulate the growth of the luxury goods and travel retail sectors in the UAE, he added.
Nightly social events are being organized, including the Closing Party, further expanding the networking opportunities at MEE 2012. Adding excitement to the event, the Dubai Duty Free Golf World Cup will also be held during the Duty Free Week.
A comprehensive year-long publicity program has also been introduced for the first time, building on the high level of media interest on this year’s event.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices