Samsung to launch new Galaxy Camera
Amman, November 28, 2012
Samsung Electronics said it will soon be launching the new Galaxy Camera that boasts of several key features including instant sharing of quality images through 3G/4G + Wi-Fi connectivity, in the region.
The Galaxy Camera, powered by Android platform, is commercially available in the UK and will soon hit the electronic retail outlets in other parts of the world in both White and Cobalt Black, said a statement from the company.
Unveiled at IFA, in August, the Galaxy Camera combines high performance photography features with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and the freedom of 3G/4G + Wi-Fi connectivity to create the world’s first truly connected camera.
The Galaxy Camera ushers in a new era of visual communications, allowing users to shoot, enjoy, edit and share high quality images and video from anywhere, at any time through a single device, said a top official.
"Samsung is unique, in that it is the only company that can combine world class mobile and digital imaging technologies to create such an innovative product. The collaboration between Mobile and Digital Imaging Business Units allowed Samsung to create the first Connected Camera, a product I am extremely proud of," remarked JK Shin, the president of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics.
A Connected Camera must give users the total freedom to take vivid high quality pictures and videos wherever and whenever they wish and share them instantly through their favorite social networking sites or with family and friends without the restrictions of a conventional camera.
The Galaxy Camera provides these luxuries and many more in a beautiful design and user interface,” he added.
Seokpil Kim, the resident and CEO of Samsung Electronics Europe said, “The Galaxy Camera marks the next stage of evolution in the history of the camera and we are extremely excited to make it available to European customers today.”
“The Galaxy Camera brings together everything that is wonderful about photography on a dedicated camera, with the functionality and freedom of the leading smartphones. The Galaxy Camera marks a new era of the Connected Camera,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder