Abu Dhabi fashion event ends on high note
Abu Dhabi, December 2, 2012
The inaugural World Luxury Fashion Week recently completed a four-day schedule on a high note with the acclaimed Amato, a Dubai-based designer whose collection arrived from Los Angeles just in time for the event.
A dramatic finale show, ‘Confessions of Mata Hari’, stayed the course with Amato’s designs, featuring silver and gold motifs, with models wearing jewel-encrusted masks spikes, studs, crystals and metallic fabrics glistened into his designs, along with sheer materials adding an ethereal quality.
The Amato show completed an already impressive list of fashion flair seen at World Luxury Fashion Week, which presented collections from haute couture houses, Jean Paul Gaultier, Giambattista Valli, Alexis Mabille and On Aura Tout Vu.
Some of the most prestigious prêt-à-porter brands, featuring the likes of Carolina Herrera NY, DAS Collections, Ermanno Scervino, Herve Leger, Nina Ricci, Paul Ka “Black Carpet” Collection and Walid Atallah were equally well received by the audience during the four-day event.
All guests enjoyed a five-course dinner indulgence with a fashion show taking place during each dining course, experiencing the best of fashion and food in a luxurious setting. Guests were seated at banquet tables configured around a “U-shaped” catwalk that allowed front row VIP positioning for all guests in attendance.
World Luxury Fashion Week was proudly supported by iconic partners Abu Dhabi Motors, BMW, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, Rowenta, Hästens International, Etihad Airways, Avenue at Etihad Towers and Evian Natural Mineral Water.
World Luxury Fashion Week will return to Abu Dhabi in 2013. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain