iPhone 5 set for Dec 14 launch
Manama, December 5, 2012
Apple's new iPhone 5, the first phone that connects to the Internet through the 42 Mbps Long Term Evolution (LTE) high-speed network, will be launched across GCC on December 14, officials said.
Bahrain telecom operator Viva yesterday (December 4) announced the launch of a pre-booking campaign on its website and social media forums where it said the device, that uses a Nano SIM card, would be available with an official iPhone warranty, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
It said the iPhone 5, in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB (black and white) will be available at all Viva Bahrain retail shops since the company is the official Apple partner for the launch.
The company also has an official iPhone service centre for users.
The official GCC launch comes more than two months after the initial launch in the US and other markets.
The iPhone 5 was first launched in seven markets on September 21. It was then released in 47 other markets on November 2.
Last week, Apple said the new phone will be available for sale in China on December 14. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model