iPhone 5 set for Dec 14 launch
Manama, December 5, 2012
Apple's new iPhone 5, the first phone that connects to the Internet through the 42 Mbps Long Term Evolution (LTE) high-speed network, will be launched across GCC on December 14, officials said.
Bahrain telecom operator Viva yesterday (December 4) announced the launch of a pre-booking campaign on its website and social media forums where it said the device, that uses a Nano SIM card, would be available with an official iPhone warranty, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
It said the iPhone 5, in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB (black and white) will be available at all Viva Bahrain retail shops since the company is the official Apple partner for the launch.
The company also has an official iPhone service centre for users.
The official GCC launch comes more than two months after the initial launch in the US and other markets.
The iPhone 5 was first launched in seven markets on September 21. It was then released in 47 other markets on November 2.
Last week, Apple said the new phone will be available for sale in China on December 14. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- D’damas opens new outlet in India
- LuLu ranks third in new Forbes list
- M&S opens second store in Bahrain
- ACE discounts to mark 7 years of Dubai ops
- Saudi retailer Alhokair net up 39pc
- Canon unveils its smallest full-frame DSLR
- WD, SanDisk to launch storage devices
- QNET eyes Mena expansion
- Nokia launches all-new Lumia 925
- Saudi group picks LS2 retail solution