MAF malls to offer big prizes during DSF
Dubai, January 2, 2013
Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ malls in Dubai are offering top shopping deals and giving away a combined Dh1.3 million ($354,000) in gift card prizes every day during the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF).
DSF is opening tomorrow (January 3) and will run until February 3 across various malls and participating outlets across Dubai.
Shoppers can win big by participating in the ‘Drop In and Triple Your Win’ at Deira City Centre and Mirdif City Centre, and ‘The Pick of Dubai’s Best Shopping Festival’ at Mall of the Emirates, a promotion that triples the excitement by giving shoppers the chance to win three times their original Dh300 spend – every hour, every day until the total of Dh1.3 million is given away.
During DSF, shoppers can also put their retail savvy to the test by participating in the ‘Price the Prize’ competition and correctly guess the price tag of a feature product.
There will be a new, exciting product on display up for grabs every day, inviting visitors to join in the fun and submit the best guess for the chance to take it home.
“Majid Al Futtaim Properties has been a Strategic Partner of Dubai Shopping Festival since its inception 18 years ago, and this year we’re committed to showcasing the best of what we have across our malls in Dubai,” said Fuad Al Najjar, senior asset director, Asset Management, Shopping Malls, Majid Al Futtaim Properties.
“In addition to our unmatched offer of more than 1,390 international leading brands, Deira City Centre, Mirdif City Centre and Mall of the Emirates will each be presenting a world-class calendar of entertainment and family fun.
“Dubai Shopping Festival continues to grow every year, and we’re looking forward to setting new benchmarks in the New Year,” he added.
Open daily until 1am, the malls are also showcasing a variety of international entertainment and activities fun for the entire family.
Deira City Centre is hosting the famous Lebanese theatre group, the Louna Show for two exciting shows and meet-and-greet with fans. Kids in the community can participate in the daily ‘Art Attack’ arts and crafts workshops.
Mirdif City Centre is bringing the popular UAE television show, Freej, to life this DSF with character meet-and-greet for special photo opportunities with fans from January 4 to 13. In addition, the popular Moshi Monsters will perform Moshi ROX three times daily from January 21to 27.
Mall of the Emirates is hosting a circus which will rotate themes throughout the month – promising a new and exciting show for shoppers each week, including ‘New Years,’ Modern Circus,’ ‘Classic Circus’ and ‘Contemporaneous.’ Shoppers will also be treated to the upbeat sounds of a Flamenco guitarist and dancer, saxophonist, and jazz, Latin and electronic tunes in the Fashion Dome. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder