50,000 to attend Doha jewellery show
Doha, February 11, 2013
Up to 50,000 visitors are expected to attend the 10th Doha Jewellery and Watches Exhibition, set to begin this month, featuring 26 exhibitors with more than 500 jewellery and watch brands.
This reflects a 15pc increase than last year’s participation, when the exhibition attracted more than 30,000 visitors including those from neighbouring countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman and UAE.
The exhibition which will cover nearly 15,000 sq m, will run from February 25 to March 3, the Qatar Tourism Authority said in a press conference held at the Doha Exhibition Centre.
Issa Al-Mohannadi, Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) chairman, said: “The high profile of exhibitors continued to attract interested and enthusiastic customers from around the region and the world, which has helped make the show one of the most successful in the Gulf and the industry.”
“QTA is committed to promoting Qatar as a first-rate destination for business, industry conferences, cultural events, education, sports and leisure, providing world-class amenities and tourism services. This achievement reflects QTA’s mission and ability to hold successful large scale international and regional events in Qatar, whilst underlining QTA’s strategy to support a thriving industry with a global reach that embraces all the world’s top jewelry and watch brands in all their finery,” he said.
“Over the past decade the DJWE has proved to be a record-beating event and this year is no exception,” Al-Mohannadi said. “It provides the ideal platform for fruitful and highly productive business for all of its visitors and exhibitors, so they can make the most of this brilliant exposition of some of the world’s finest precious stones and timepieces.”
Among the significant Qatari exhibitors in the event are Al Fardan Jewelry Company Ghadah Jewelry, Al Manara Trading , Ali Bin Ali group, Al Majed Jewelry, Blue Saloon, Al Muftah Jewelry, Amiri Gems WLL, (51) Fifty One East, Al Jaber watches, Pari Gallery, Marzooq Al Shamlan & Sons WLL, Al Majed Pearls, Dar Al Majid Jewelry, Royal Jewelry (Al Malakia) , Bulgari Jewelry, Al Makki Jewelry & Watches, Al Mawali Jewelry, Matis Jewelry , Versailles Jewelry, Wazni Jewelry, Doha Marketing Services Co. ( Domasco ) and Safana Jewelry.
International brands featuring in the show include Mouawad Jewelry, AL Zain Trading Company, Graff/Qatar Marketing Company, and Christie’s Jewelry. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain