Géant hypermarket set to open in Doha
Doha, February 21, 2013
The first Géant hypermarket will open in Qatar at Hyatt plaza in Doha on February 24, according to an announcement from Al Meera Consumer Goods Company.
The opening of Géant hypermarket follows an agreement signed between Al Meera and French retailer Casino to develop a network of hypermarkets and supermarkets under the Géant banner in selected Middle East countries.
Casino, Al Meera (through Al Meera Holding Company W.L.L.) and Retail Arabia had earlier signed a sub-franchise agreement allowing Al Meera Holding (its affiliate and/or group companies) to develop and operate hypermarkets and supermarkets under the Géant banners in Qatar and Oman.
The Géant Hypermarket at Hyatt Plaza promises to offer highly competitive prices to the Qatari market along with a surprise that will be revealed on the day of the opening, said a statement.
Special emphasis has been given to widen the products range to provide more choice particularly to increase the interest and the attraction of the expat population (meat, cheese, dairy product, fish, bakery and vegetable) and also to provide more choices for local people, it said.
Géant has more than 10 stores in operation in the GCC, covering the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector