Top jewellery, watch show opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, March 14, 2013
More than 175 exhibitors and represented companies from 19 countries across the globe will showcase their innovative jewellery designs at the International Jewellery and Watch Show (JWS) which opens in Abu Dhabi today.
Sheikh Mohamed Bin Hamdan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan will open the 21st edition of the JWS at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre today evening.
To run from 4pm to 10.00pm daily till March 18, the event is co-located with the first edition of the Luxury Gift Show and features the inaugural EBDA’A Awards for jewellery design, said the event organisers, Reed Exhibitions.
Commenting on the opening, Sheikh Mohamed said: “The JWS has developed into a significant event on both a local and global level. Since its inception more than 20 years ago, the show has successfully been able to position itself as strong pillar event, contributing widely to the development of the jewellery industry in the region."
Acording to him, the show caters to the high demand of a large market segment within the region.
"Personally, I am pleased to support the efforts of the organizers and exhibitors, which, in turn, will enhance Abu Dhabi’s position as a regional and global pioneer and contribute tremendously to the development of this industry," said Sheikh Mohammed.
He also noted the growth in the number of companies participating annually, which emphasizes the great success and good reputation of the exhibition. This year, there has been a a 35 per cent growth in the demand over last year's edition.
“The launch of the first edition of the EBDA’A Awards during JWS demonstrates the efforts aimed at stimulating the emerging talents of non-professional designers in the UAE, enriching the industry with fresh, creative and innovative talents. This industry is witnessing a great demand regionally and globally,” he added.
Ibrahim Mahmoud, the chairman of Abu Dhabi Gold and Jewellery Group said it was keen to support the emirate’s efforts in developing the jewellery industry in line with Abu Dhabi’s Economic Vision 2030 which supports diversification of the economy.
Ara Fernezian, the divisional managing director of Reed Exhibitions, said the 21st edition features new fresh elements that will add a new dimension to the Jewellery and Watch Show.
The Luxury Gift Show, which is co-located with JWS, promises to set new standards in stylish gift-giving, with products ranging from gold-plated pianos and sparkling chandeliers to Swarovski Gemstone-encrusted blades and gold mobile handsets.
Humaid Matar Al Dhaheri, the chief commercial officer at Adnec, said this year’s show would once again mark an important opportunity for the luxury goods industry to interface with a growing customer base within this fast-developing region.
“As a host and a support function, Adnec is equipped to deliver the very best shows and exhibitions in the world and we work hard to encourage our partners to find innovative and exciting ways to improve their offerings and raise the profile of their event," said Al Dhaheri.
"By striving for excellence our events and their organizers are showcasing their capabilities on a global platform, and facilitating the continued advancement of Abu Dhabi as a destination of choice for the MICE industry," he added.
On the new EBDA’A Awards, Ara Fernezian said, "We are extremely proud to introduce these awards sponsored by Al Massaood Jewellery and Al Mansour Jewellery and supported by Abu Dhabi Gold and Jewellery Group and Azza Al Qubaisi. This award supports and nurtures new jewellery designers to develop their careers."
"This industry offers great opportunities for young people or mothers wanting to take their hobby to the next level, and the competition finalists will have their designs displayed during JWS. It is a real thrill for them to showcase their work," he added.
Several top international brands including Rolex, Tudor, Hermes, Parmigiani, Azzaro, Vogue, Mercury, Giovanni Ferarris, Alain Philippe Watches, Maurice Le Croix, Jaeger Le Coultre and Al Khoury Diamonds will unveil their trendy designs.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait