Bahrain backs services, retail sectors
Manama, April 4, 2013
Bahrain will support initiatives, steps and events by national companies and investors that aim to revitalise the commercial sector and provide more diverse services to customers, said a senior government official.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro was speaking at the opening of Bahrain Retail Exhibition which was held under his auspices, according to a report in the Gulf daily News.
It is being held at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre and is organised by AMG Group.
Present at the opening were AMG chief executive Abdulhameed Al Osfour, officials and businessmen.
The minister toured the exhibition and praised it, stressing the need to continue such events that contribute to the recovery of the economy.
The exhibition aims to support the national economy which will benefit the retail sector and contribute to revitalising the market. It will also enhance competitiveness.
AMG Group is also keen to attract citizens and residents and Saudi Arabian citizens to attend the exhibition, providing an excellent family shopping atmosphere and great offers.
Al Osfour said the idea of organising the exhibition was to support Bahraini commercial institutions and give them the opportunity to display diverse goods.
"The exhibition is under the slogan together to support local commerce, and we are seeking to repeat such an event that contributes to increased commercial activity in the kingdom," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store