Samsung eyes $7.7bn Q1 profit
Seoul, April 6, 2013
South Korea's Samsung Electronics said yesterday it expected a sharp increase in first-quarter operating profit to 8.7 trillion won ($7.7 billion), up 52.9 per cent from the first three months of 2012.
Samsung, the world's largest technology firm by revenue, was giving earnings guidance before official results are made available later this month.
The January-March operating estimate comes after a record quarterly operating profit of 8.8 trillion won in the fourth quarter of last year.
Samsung profits soared in 2012, largely on the back of sales in the lucrative smartphone market. Sales in the first quarter of 2013 were expected to reach 52 trillion won, up 14.9 per cent from a year earlier, but down 7.2 per cent from the previous quarter.
The company is estimated to have sold 25 million smartphones each month this year, which puts its quarterly sales at over 70 million units, according to analysts. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model
- Majid Al Futtaim unveils new logo
- Rasasi showcases at Abu Dhabi expo
- Bawadi Mall draws record visitors in 2013
- Dubai retailer MAF plans $5bn investment by 2018
- Intersport opens store in Dammam
- Chinese fair opens in Sharjah