Shoppers flock to Gitex spring show
Dubai, April 6, 2013
Tens of thousands of visitors flocked to the Dubai World Trade Centre on the final day of the debut Gitex Shopper Spring 2013 on Saturday to bag the best bargain basement deals being offered by retailers.
Since Gitex Shopper is officially the region’s biggest sales bonanza for consumer IT and electronics, the inaugural spring edition too showcased unbeatable offers on almost everything from the latest TVs, smart phones, tablets, and digital cameras to household appliances, gadgets, games and entertainment accessories, said the event organisers, Dubai World Trade Centre.
The show also offered visitors endless chances to win fabulous prizes through promotions, 'Visit & Win' raffle prizes, gift vouchers, giveaways, and a 2013 Mini Coopers and BMW 1 Series given away every day of the show.
Power retailer One Mobile offered Dh2.5 million ($680,490) worth of gifts to complement its array of promotions and offers.
E-City also offered a unique "One Gadget for One Dirham" promotional game show, giving customers the chance to win the latest gadgets and consumer electronic products.
The launch edition of Gitex Shopper Spring was created under the directive of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, and similar in concept to its long-established sister show Gitex Shopper which takes place every autumn.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector