Samsung unveils 2013 Smart TVs Lineup
Amman, May 20, 2013
Samsung Electronics Levant has unveiled its new Smart TV 2013 lineup for the Jordanian market in co-ordination with Amman-based Hikmat Yassin Sons Company.
The line-up includes the new Samsung 85' Ultra HD TV that revolutionizes the home entertainment industry, said a statement from Samsung Electronics Levant.
With its 85' immersive screen boosts the “Precision Black Pro” technology, the new TV delivers deep, real blacks as well as pure vivacious whites, and combines extremely high contrast ratio with Ultimate Dimming control functionality, to provide unprecedented definition in large-sized screens.
The 85' S9 also combines a powerful sound system with a fast quad-core processor to ensure a premium experience and true multitasking capabilities between content and apps.
The S9 TVs come with integrated features to ensure best picture quality despite the source. The quad-core processor will properly scale all HD and Full-HD up-to Ultra High Definition (UHD), creating greater precision to the original content and real-life picture quality.
Commenting on the launch, Bumsuk Hong, the president of Samsung Electronics Levant said: “We strive to introduce the latest technology advancements, by releasing our latest flagship the 85’ Ultra HD TV that affirms our leadership in the home entertainment industry for seven consecutive years, and we aspire to progress and to continue our success."
In the new 2013 line-up, Samsung has improved many smart interaction features, such as the added hand gestures to ease its usage among all family members. Additionally, the Samsung smart hub features 3 main panels: Applications, Social media and Multimedia that lists the videos and photos stored in the TV, allowing the consumer to enjoy playing games and working out on a training bicycle that can be connected to the TV.
It combines attractive design with smart content and smart interaction features. Consumers can now have complete control of the TV through voice commands and hand motions through built-in camera at the forefront of the television set, allowing the user to turn the TV on and off, change channels, open applications and many others, stated Hong.
In addition to the Smart Evolution feature that allows updating the TV, it will enable the consumer to easily enjoy the latest home entertainment technology year after year without having to buy a new set, through the Samsung development kit, he stated.
"Today we are pushing the boundaries, as the definition in the Smart TV is four times higher than other HD TVs, being the only TV that can upscale the content from HD to UHD upgrading its viewing capabilities," he added.
Adli Yassin, the general manager of Hikmat Yassin Sons Company said, “We are proud to be partners with Samsung's success by launching the latest home entertainment devices in the Jordanian market, in the previous years we were able to gain the consumers’ confidence by our latest products offerings that fit their needs."
"And we are confident of Samsung's new range of smart TVs for 2013 success,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector