M&S to open first store in Lebanon
Beirut, May 21, 2013
Marks & Spencer (M&S), the top British retailer, has announces plans to open its inaugural store in Beirut this July as part of its regional expansion plans.
Located in the heart of Beirut, the City Centre shopping mall is the country’s latest retail destination and will soon be the home to the M&S’s new 1,200 sq m store.
The new store, operated by M&S’s long term franchise partner Al Futtaim Group, is in line with Marks & Spencer’s international strategy to build a strong presence in the Middle East, as one of its priority international markets.
A total of 31 local jobs will be created at the store, with all Lebanese employees fully trained to offer customers the highest levels of customer service, , said a statement from Al Futtaim Group.
Starting from July, customers will be able to shop M&S’s extensive range of stylish and exceptional quality fashions across womenswear, menswear, kidswear and lingerie – as well as accessories, footwear, and beauty products, it added.
John Cooper, the managing director at Marks & Spencer, Mena said: "We’re delighted to be bringing the M&S brand to Lebanon this summer, as we continue to grow our presence across the region. Our new store will offer our latest fashion collections and store design to Lebanese customers for the first time."
"Work at the store is well underway and we’re really looking forward to welcoming customers to the store soon," he noted.
M&S City Centre will feature the retailer’s latest store format which creates an inviting and inspiring shopping experience with an exciting new take on fashion displays.
"At the store, customers will be able to explore M&S’s popular clothing brands, each with its own distinct look and identity which allows customers to easily findthe brand that best meets their personal style preference, from coordinated casualwear range, Indigo Collection to its more sophisticated range Autograph. There is something for everyone and finding the right outfit just got easier," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector