Sony launches wearable camcorder
Dubai, May 27, 2013
Sony Middle East and Africa has launched the Action Cam, a wearable camcorder tailored to capture high quality full HD, 1080 pixel footage in a variety of situations, while in motion.
Designed to shoot dynamic videos, the 90g Action Cam is also ideal for capturing more sedate images.
Action Cam comes with a rugged, waterproof housing and a universal tripod mount that is built to handle extreme environments. Within the housing, the camera is waterproof down to 60 metres and has dirt and dust resistant seals that help make it impervious to mud, sand, rain and grime, a statement said.
The built-in wi-fi allows users to instantly share their content to a smartphone.
The Action Cam’s compact, lightweight body also houses Sony’s renowned Exmor R CMOS image sensor for stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. It is Mac and PC compatible, said the statement.
Additionally, Sony has announced a firmware update for Action Cam HDR-AS15, which is available online. The update includes PS Recording Mode (1920x1080/60p) to help users capture smooth images of fast moving scenes with a higher frame rate of 60 p.
The Sony Action Cam is currently available in Jumbo Electronic showrooms and other select electronics retailers in the UAE. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs